Sunday, September 12, 2010

Will Many Happy Buddhas Bring Good Karma




My Buddha collection is relatively small in number, but I wanted to show you the few I have displayed throughout my house.

This small ceramic Buddha is one of my first. I did this in the early 70s when I was all caught up in a ceramics class. He has been on display in our home ever since.




My favorite is the huge Happy Buddha that sits on the hearth. He just pleases me and it wouldn't seem like my home if he wasn't in view every day. At Christmas when I decorate my hearth with all my Santas, this Happy Buddha stays right where he is and dons a Santa hat to blend in!




Next is a china Buddha that I bought in New Orleans a few years ago at the French Market Flea Market. Buddhas are plentiful there. I just liked the colors.




I have this neat Buddha on a bookcase that rotates in it's casing so you can hide trinkets in a tray hidden within. I found this one at a yard sale many years ago. It is made of an ivory plastic type material. I've never seen another one like it.




I cannot forget my outdoor Buddhas, there are two. The one I have had the longest is also my heaviest...a big cement Buddha.




The other is in need of a good paint job, he once was brick red and now is faded pink and splotchy. I've been thinking he might look good in an even deeper red than he was when I got him.




Somewhere in my attic I know that I have a carved wooden Happy Buddha standing with both hands raised above his head. I would love to have it displayed. I guess I need to go digging around in the attic, it's just that our attic is like Fibber McGee's closet, so I have to be careful just opening that door!

No comments:

Post a Comment