Friday, May 7, 2010

It's not Christmas yet.....but you have to think ahead!


We went to an estate sale this morning. It didn't sound very promising in the advertisement and the photos on the website just looked to be run of the mill stuff. But you never know, do you?

In the second room I walked into I found a set of NOEL angel candleholders, marked with tiny paper labels on the bottom "Japan" and each had 6A/217 lettered on the bottom. Now I have no idea what the lettering means, but I do know they were older since they were made in Japan. I also know what I like and I like NOEL candleholders from back in the day. So here is the set I picked up today......OH, and before I forget and you just think I'm a bad speller.... if the candleholders are not "hooked together" in any way...here is how I set them out....


This makes my fourth LEON....uh NOEL, so I do have a collection, don't I? Of course I do. I also collect Santas and other Christmas related items. Lots can be seen at Santa Is At My House .. Better Be Good! , a post on the blog I had before deciding to do one on just my collections.

Back to my NOEL candleholders, here is one of the first sets that I "found" many years ago. I am uncertain exactly where, but wherever it was, the price had to be right. Anyway, this LEON has been the center of my Christmas mantel decorations ever since. I really cannot remember if it ever was put out on display in the correct spelling. Also, I have never put candles in this or in any of my NOEL candleholders.


There are two more NOEL candleholders in my collection and neither of these can be "rearranged" but I like them anyway. One is Santa in his sleigh and four reindeer. Each reindeer holds a candle. This particular piece was found at a yard sale, again too many years ago to even think about. It is still in the original box, which is in excellent shape. There is real straw packing on either end of the box and the top opens on a hinge like a cigar box. I keep it tied together with old fashioned "curling" ribbon used for wrapping packages.


Finally I have my "stand up" Santa NOEL piece. These little Santas are forming a totem pole and each is holding a NOEL letter. Although each letter has a candleholder, the candle "cup" is broken off of the "L", but it doesn't matter since I don't use candles with these.


So this estate sale was great for me, even though we didn't think we would find anything. Oh, and my husband found a Christmas Sugar Bear (Sugar Crisp cereal) which is our 3rd Christmas Sugar Bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment