Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Creepy Clowny Mother's Day


This is the Mother's Day card I got from my son and daughter-in-law. My son always looks for monkey cards 'cause he knows I like the cute little critters. I guess I'd collect monkeys if I could. I remember asking my parents for a monkey when I was very young. Needless to say, I never got that wish.

This post is really a little past due, in that it is about a present I received from my son this year on Mother's Day. My son and his wife had been on a trip to Memphis with a swing through Tupelo and Atlanta before coming back home. It seems that even though they were off having fun, I wasn't far from their thoughts. They saw something in an antique mall that my daughter-in-law said I might like. After rambling through the antique mall, my son decided that what they saw was something that I really would like....or completely hate....so he took the gamble, made the purchase and loaded it in their car.

On Mother's Day I was surprised when they walked in carrying two presents, one small and the other large. The small one was the newest Charlaine Harris book, which I had just seen at Target and really wanted. The large package was a puzzlement to me and as I felt it I wondered why it felt like a picture frame. It seems it WAS a picture frame....with a water color painting of a creepy clown! So here is the newest addition to my clown collection.





As for whether I like it or hate it....I do like it. (My daughter-in-law is really glad that it is no longer in their house staring at her.)

Now I will have to do some thinking about where to hang this picture permanently. More than likely, I will have to rearrange my complete clown collection to get everything all properly placed. If you want to see the rest of my collection, I previously wrote about my clowns on my other blog at these links
Clowns - My Fear and Fascination and Send In The Clowns .

Thanks to Zack and Kathy for the great Mother's Day presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment